Recovering and Remarketing a Portfolio of 737 Classics
- Technical – we deployed technical resources onsite to inspect the aircraft portfolio and collect, audit, and digitalise the records. Our team prepared the technical data room, and remarketing specifications.
- Valuation – based on the outcomes and findings of our inspection work, we advised the bank on the expected market value of the assets, the impact of various claims being held against the assets; and what impact this was likely to have on the predicted disposal proceeds and timeframe for sale.
- Remarketing – we actively remarketed the portfolio of assets to a range of operators and investors while negotiating settlement agreements with the various claimants, and managing the disposal transaction on behalf of the bank.
- ACC Aviation was successfully able to recover and remarket the aircraft portfolio. The value of the claims amounted to a material portion of the asset value and ACC Aviation was able to arrange discounted settlement agreements which increased the banks recoverable proceeds by several hundred thousand dollars.
- All three units were eventually sold to an aircraft lessor and operated by an airline in the same jurisdiction as the previous operator, enabling the aircraft to remain on the same aircraft register, easing the transfer and the subsequent maintenance process.
Over ten months, ACC Aviation successfully supported a consortium of lenders to prepare and fully liquidate the non-performing portfolio, recovering significant amounts of capital for the lenders.
ACC Aviation was engaged to advise the bank on how best to recover asset value whilst preserving social benefit and to support the implementation of the recommendations.
ACC Aviation was engaged to assist a national airline in developing a restructuring and recapitalisation plan. The plan would enable the airline to increase its credit quality, drive improved financial performance, and build the foundations for enhanced access to capital.