Entering Q1 2023, operators were highly focused on securing capacity for the upcoming peak season. As a result, ACC’s leasing division experienced an overwhelmingly positive continuation into Q2 – with short and long-term ACMI capacity in heightened demand. As most contracts were inked between February and April, Q2 saw significantly diminished floating capacity in the market, which has continued throughout the quarter.
ACC’s charter divisions experienced strong demand from the entertainment and sports sectors, while incentive charter flight bookings also displayed notable growth in Q2. Through a combination of new business wins and highly positive retention rates, ACC’s charter teams continued to demonstrate the significance of their value-added approach to clients worldwide.
In the US, the Boeing 757 operated by Freedom II has commitments through to the end of 2023.
ACC’s consulting division enjoyed an extremely productive Q2 with “growth” as the market keyword. Unprecedented aircraft sourcing and advisory assignments reflected a highly positive market focused on scaling up. An upbeat market tempo met with the still-recent memory of MRO bottlenecks, and, as a result, many operators looked to grow resources from all sides.
Q2 CHARTER ACTIVITY INCLUDED:
- Significant growth in the entertainment sector, with many bands and artists touring
- The appointment of Hassan Chamas as Head of Charter – Middle East
- A notable increase in incentives activity
- High level of client retention and repeat client bookings across the business
CHARTER Q3, 2023 OUTLOOK:
The MICE sector is set to show healthy signs of recovery after a fairly dormant post-covid period. Supply side availability for charter operations will likely improve past the summer, but for now, both Europe and USA have limited aircraft supply. The B757 operated by Freedom II will remain available for ad-hoc charter segments in September and December 2023.
Q2 CONSULTING ACTIVITY INCLUDED:
- Engagement by a Middle Eastern investor to analyze and value a potential portfolio acquisition of two DHC8-400 aircraft on lease to an Asia Pacific regional carrier, including a valuation model and information memorandum.
- Continued engagement by a European ACMI carrier to perform pre-lease inspections on new aircraft entering the fleet as they scale operations.
- Engagement by a law firm and OEM to perform expert witness services in relation to a damages claim submitted by an airline.
- Engagement by a Middle Eastern aircraft lessor to advise on the potential buyout by the lessee of their aircraft leases.
- Continued engagement in a repossession project by an African ECA with an imminent RFP to be launched for the sale of a package of CFM56-7B engines and 737-800 airframes.
- Engagement by an engine lessor to perform the lease return on two GE90-115B engines from a Middle Eastern airline.
- Engagement by an African corporation to develop a business plan to launch a new private airline in western Africa.
- Engagement by a new CIS-based carrier to develop a 5-year business plan.
CONSULTING Q3, 2023 OUTLOOK:
The market is unlikely to display any signs of slowing down into Q3, with new aircraft transactions set to continue well into the second half of the year. The current mindset of growth in the market is likely to drive a busy late summer/Autumn period as operators begin to look ahead at 2024’s peak seasons.
LEASING Q3, 2023 OUTLOOK:
Airlines will likely continue grappling with the current market conditions, with MRO bottlenecks, aircraft and engine OEM challenges, and staff shortages still applying pressure on operators. Predictions are set for a ramp-up in recruitment and training of crews and pilots as supply is still lagging behind demand. While some extra capacity is expected in late July, operators will continue to lean on ACMI to shore-up capacity while internal resources are developed more permanently.
To support the company’s growth trajectory, a number of strategic hires have been made across the business. ACC is proud to bolster its growing in-house talent with the appointment of:
Hassan Chamas, Head of Charter – Middle East
Zeineb Lassoued, Regional Vice President – MEA
Henry Churchill, Leasing Executive – ACMI
Sendesh Beedasee, Leasing Executive – ACMI
Naishal Chag, Senior Associate – Consulting
About ACC Aviation
Founded in 2002 as an aircraft leasing specialist, ACC Aviation delivers market-leading solutions across aviation consultancy services, ACMI leasing, and air charter. Through an international office network spanning Europe, the Middle East, North America, and Asia, it provides bespoke aviation solutions to clients across the globe. Its success is built on the strength and depth of its relationships within the aviation industry. ACC Aviation delivers superior solutions to a diverse and growing client base through continued investment in developing and maintaining these partnerships, with a persistent focus on innovation.
The company is backed by YFM Equity Partners and is a Financial Times Top 1000 ranked European company.
For media inquiries, please contact email@example.com