Recovery and remarketing of a non-performing aircraft portfolio
Our scope of work included:
- Technical Inspections. ACC Aviation deployed a team of technical resources to perform technical inspections on the aircraft and the airline’s technical capabilities. The condition of all assets was meticulously documented, a technical data room of aircraft records was prepared, and inspection reports were presented to the consortium of lenders.
- Value Preservation. Our technical team reviewed the assets’ condition and compliance with the applicable storage program, with recommendations on remedial actions to improve the assets’ storage condition and, therefore, value preservation for future sale.
- Due Diligence. A timeline of the technical and operational status of the portfolio was mapped against the lending transaction, auditing the transaction history against representations made by the airline.
- Based on the findings of the inspection reports, ACC Aviation’s appraisers provided the lenders with their opinion on the current market value of the aircraft and the likely disposal proceeds on liquidating the portfolio.
- Remarketing. ACC Aviation was instructed to liquidate and remarket the portfolio. We recommended the optimal remarketing strategy and prepared the technical specification for each aircraft. After approval by the lenders, ACC Aviation led the remarketing project, sourcing offers from interested parties, recommending which offers to pursue, and thereafter project managed the transaction process.
As a result, the lender consortium was able to:
- Understand the technical condition and current market value of its aircraft collateral
- Understand the transaction timeline and how that mapped out against the technical condition of the aircraft
- Confidently decide on liquidation of the portfolio, with confidence in outcomes, including likely sale proceeds
- Dispose of the aircraft portfolio and exit their investment in the aircraft
Related case studies
ACC Aviation was engaged to advise the bank on how best to recover asset value whilst preserving social benefit and to support the implementation of the recommendations.
ACC Aviation was engaged to manage the recovery and remarketing of a Portfolio of 737 Classics.
ACC Aviation was engaged to assist a national airline in developing a restructuring and recapitalisation plan. The plan would enable the airline to increase its credit quality, drive improved financial performance, and build the foundations for enhanced access to capital.